HRBoomi Latest Articles

Policy Advisor
  • 47
Enlightened 315

Fired without pay, no termination letter or any other entitlements – legal action

  • 47

My former employer recently dismissed me without paying my notice period salary, gratuity, or any other dues, and without providing me with a relieving letter. What can I do to receive the compensation I am owed, including a relieving letter? Please provide me with assistance as soon as possible.

  1. Hello, I believe the Company is not being honest. If they were facing genuine financial difficulty, it would be expected for them to provide a satisfactory Experience Letter to the employees, so they can find new jobs quickly. Although they may not be able to pay salaries or gratuity due to financial constraints, they should still try to make the employees as comfortable as possible. We often receive requests from HR Managers when they let an employee go, providing them with an alternative. However, this Company does not even want to do that. I think the only option left is to take legal action, but it would be better if everyone goes together. Such managements usually use the ‘divide and conquer’ tactic. Best of luck. Regards

  2. Respectfully, I must inquire from where you obtained this information? Perhaps, it would be wise to reevaluate your response.

  3. It is disheartening that they are asking people to come to work without having the financial means to pay them. It would have been more considerate to let people go earlier with the appropriate severance pay.

You must login to add an answer.